2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

need grille trim....

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:33 PM
chronoboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya dealerships are a rip off, took my wifes '10 matrix in cause it got hit with a shopping cart and they want a grand to fix the little dent in it, took it to a local body shop that does great work they said no more then 400 to fix doing the same thing that the dealership was going to do, so the insurance is giving us a grand to take it to the dealership to fix it but instead ill head to dyer body shop and pocket the rest, i also asked the dealership how much for new headlight bolts cause after the wreck they where bent and mangled and they said almost 40$ after tax for the two replacement bolts, i said screw that and spent a hour pressing and hammering the old ones as straight as i could, but as for the trim i was in the south side of the city dropping a friend off and noticed a bunch of junkyards near her place so ill check all them out.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 PM
chronoboy
Rookie

oh ya another rip of they do is programing remotes, i come to find out that my car came stock with keyless entry "after i bought a aftermarket one" and i decided i would keep the stock one and scratch the 40 bucks i paid for the aftermarket one, since hooking them up aint so easy, and i cant find anybody to help me, well the dealership tells me its going to be 75 for a new remote and 90 to program it talk about a rip off, called the place that did my sound system and window tinting and they said 40 bucks with new remote.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Remote off of eBay and call a local shop/locksmith. Anyone who has the DRBIII can program it and most places tend to be competitive if you shop around.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:08 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Well there are tons of junk yards and theres craigs list and other forums that sell more 03-05 parts. Just dont check one or two junk yards check even ones in other towns in your state.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:55 PM
chronoboy
Rookie

ya ive checked 15-16 junk yards already with no luck, plus i live in el paso TX and lets just say 85% hispanic 50% dont speak english and the ones that do most of them speak broken english so alot of the junk yards i have called im not even sure if they understood what i was saying.

But i will keep looking around, not trying to be cheap but i figure if i get a new one then i might as well get the other three so there all brand new and that will just cost about 140-160 matters if i go off ebay or not.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:34 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

I have seen the grill inserts for way cheaper than 140bucks shipped brand new every now and than someone or someplace is selling those and thats for all 4 pieces.

Quick Reply: need grille trim....