2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

new here. need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 AM
emericaman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everyone, i guess i might have to go with 40s but the town i live in has awful roads thats why i want the extra bit of profile. lots of pot holes. thats why i wanted the 50 series to begin with. i can buy new 40 series tires cheaper then the 45s, i just want a good ride with them, not have it bumpy as **** thats all. if i lived in a big city with nice roads then yes i would love the 40s but thats not the case.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Matix151
Rookie

dude , i live in san jose ca , bay area, roads here suck ***** like any other but it is was it is americas motorways are junk. like i said its like saying i have 100 hp but i want 110 cause ill feel the difference. NO! you wont , ive felt no difference running the 40 series 17's over the stock 65 14's , other than hitting bumps and ****. still the feeling of a 50 over a 40 will be hardly noticeable , trust me. stiffer suspension and lowering the car will have a serious affect on ride quality. your situation wont.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:22 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pablodragon
it's not just the tire size and width...that seems to be all that is mentioned here...

it's the "off-set" on the rims.... I think standard offset is around 37-40.... anything outside that range will cause problems....

if ya don't know the offset, then all you can do is a test fit.... you can get around the rubbing by adding "spacers"... but make sure if u use them, there is enough threads on the lugs to get the lug nuts to tighten up safely

I'm running 205/50-16's on rims with a 38 offset...and have about a half inch of clearance on the rear stut bars (think that's what they are...the arms...)...fronts are fine
He has the SRT wheels. He isn't buying another set in which he can pick the offset. More than the offset does matter in this case because the wheel and tire combo is larger than what came on that car (what was made to fit on the car).

Old 06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
emericaman

not 100% sure on this but i think the srt wheels have a 45 offset. and you are in cali, i love in canada. 4 seasons bro. i guarantee you the roads here are worse. frost heaves, pot holes, chunks taken out of the road from snow plows. thats all. if i have to i will run 40 series tires, i am just looking to get the most profile that i can with out changing my hole suspension.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

Originally Posted by darthroush
He has the SRT wheels. He isn't buying another set in which he can pick the offset. More than the offset does matter in this case because the wheel and tire combo is larger than what came on that car (what was made to fit on the car).

My bad, didn't see the part about them bein SRT rims...carryon...

Old 06-28-2011, 02:54 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

The streets were I live aren't the best and I'm running 18's. You'll learn to slow down and be careful on bumpy roads.

Quick Reply: new here. need help