2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Hi first of all, 2004 Neon with a new engine wont start!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:40 PM
enelyam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi first of all, 2004 Neon with a new engine wont start!!

Hi first of all since im new to this forum. Ok i own a 2004 Neon sxt to be exact, yesterday we took the old engine out and replaced it for a new one. everything was going fine until i realized that it was not exactly the same engine. For some reason the crank shaft sensor for my old engine was placed in the front of the engine and the new engines crank shaft sensor is on top of the oil filter on the back of the engine. Also there was a difference between the knock sensor but i managed to use the same one i was using with the old engine. Anyways, at the end everything was in place. But when we tried to start the new engine it didnt start. I have no clue why would that be. The starter is working and i can read 5 volts on the cam sensor right and left pins. Nothing in the middle(pin) one though. But the coil is not receiving any voltage at all neither the injectors in fact. My question is, what are the readings if someone in here knows on those sensors and what could be causing the engine not to start?
The Gas pump is working and everything else as usual. It just seems like the coil is not receiving any signal at all... Thanxs in advance!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Matix151
Rookie

have you checked for spark and fuel injector pulse? how do you know the coil isnt receiving a signal? the ckp or crank sensor should have a 5 v reference with KOEO and a ground and the other wire is the signal , the ground wont show a voltage but u can test it for ground by hooking a test light to battery positive and probing the ground pin , test light should illuminate. there could be many reasons for a no start but first make sure you cover the basics , check for spark with a spark tester , and fuel with a pressure gauge. make sure the valve timing is on. make sure all grounds are hooked up.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:43 AM
enelyam

Yes i have checked for all of that, but i tried to google it and found a thread inside this forum that pretty much is the same situation i have right now. So i will need to check for proper voltage on the crank shaft sensor. Because i got the feeling im having the same situation. How true is it that i need to reset the crank shaft sensor and the cam sensor with a scanner if i put a new enginge to the car?(actually read that in yahoo answers). But seems kind of odd to me. If that is the case, what kind of scanner will do that? The guy i read this about said that he used a 3thousand dollar scanner. Im not buying that just to reprogram the communication between the computer pcm and those sensors.

Quick Reply: Hi first of all, 2004 Neon with a new engine wont start!!