2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Guage Cluster install problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 05:13 PM
wild_weazel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guage Cluster install problem

Hey all:

I'm new here to the Forum and have a question.

I've got a 2000 neon base model, that came with the boring guages. I recently bought a factory white faced guage cluster with a Tach. I bought this used from a local junk yard. I put it in and everything works except that the newer cluster has the old milage on it. The car has 128xxx on it and the new cluster says 72xxx. I want it to be correct, so is there any way to get the new cluster to read the old milage??? Any help would be great. Thanks in advanced.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Xtreme Thunder
Professional
Default RE: Guage Cluster install problem

I doubt there is a way you can change it...cause everyone would be lowering/altering it. Maybe a Dodge dealership can do something for you. Or if anyone here knows anything...they can jump in.

And....Welcome to Dodge Forum (DF)!!!!

Old 07-20-2005, 12:12 AM
catman22
Professional

somewhere in the first gen subsection there is a little bit of information about adjusting the mileage on the gauge, it is illegal to turn it back unless the car has less miles than the "new" gauge, but if you want to change the mileage on the gauge to be acurate with what the car really has it is a grey area.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:38 AM
casper
Legend

It is not worth it to try to make it accurate the only legit way would have been to have a the dealer do it, that way the milage is still legal. If your registation has more miles on it than the car when you sell it, its hard to hide unless you sell it to an idiot.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:16 AM
omnineon

I have an '02 and I did the same thing and had the same problem. Its an easy fix you'll have to diss-assemble both the new and old clusters. then the odometer is just an LCD that can be unplugged and unscrewed from its circuit board. Then just put the lower milage odometer on the new cluster and you'll be all set!

Quick Reply: Guage Cluster install problem