2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

i need an electrical genuis!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM
kxracer021
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need an electrical genuis!

2000 Neon, quit while running and wont restart. all my fuses and relays are good. the starter and seloniod tested good. when you turn the key, it sounds like the solenoid clicks and then they relays start goin crazy. ive got good voltage to the solenoid and the battery is good. i tried putting the boost box on it for some extra juice, and when i did the door ajar buzzer started going off, even though the keys are out of the ignition and all the doors are shut. remove the boost box and it stops.

If anyone has any ideas, and i mean ANY ideas, please let me know. im at my wits end on this one.

thanks

Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 PM
HEMI ?
Rookie

Im no tech but i used to work the parts counter at a chrysler dealer and it kinda sounds like you may have a ground somewhere. Take a look at the botom of your fuse block for any corrosion. Unplug some of the connectors and check in their as well. Thats about the only thing i can think of that may make the electrical system go that wacky. Good luck.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:01 AM
blazendizz

mine was kinda doin that and the clip on the cpu was broke and got unpluged take a look at all your wiring connectors including the ones on the cpu

Quick Reply: i need an electrical genuis!