2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Whole car and steering wheel vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 04:00 PM
thewakeboarder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Whole car and steering wheel vibration

So I have already had AAMCO replaced both the motor mount and the transmission mount. I also did the torque struts myself. Refer to the link below to get the full info on what happened with my repair.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...nt-repair.html

But now the problem is my car seems to vibrate very strongly when I'm in idle or when I'm in reverse! The vibration seems to go away once I give it some gas or when I'm at cruising speed, but if I come to a stop sign the steering wheel feels like a jack hammer and the whole car shakes noticeably. Also after I had the mounts replaced and when I stop and put the car in park, sometimes the key won't come out of the ignition. I have to play with the shifter a bit put it in and out of park to unlock the key.

Is there another problem causing this vibration other than mounts? Is it possible that the mounts aren't quite aligned right and are causing the vibration... and that's also why I have trouble taking the key out in park????

Anyone have any input on this?

Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm beginning to think that any non-Dodge engine mount may in fact not be filled with fluid, like the factory one is supposed to be. Perhaps that is the reason why everyone who replaces the mounts has problems afterwards...

Old 11-07-2011, 03:27 AM
73novass
Rookie
Default heres mine

Ok so My wife was in an accident in July thank god she is ok, The insurance company fixed the neon, However since then on start up fast idle the car now vibrates and the steering wheel as well. We took it back the body shop said non related, I said it never did that before. Long and short of it claim denied and its considered normal wear and tear and was stated that there is a berring in the steering coloum that is bad.I called 5 Dealer ships and not one has ever heard of this berring going bad. Oh and I wasnt trying to jack your thread just letting you know it could be some berring in the coloum as it was explained to me.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:22 PM
houndog97
Rookie

It's simple, when you wife crashed the car the motor shifted the torque struts (or tore) and now it's off . They are selling you a crock of chit ! See the other posts about shaking and rough idle you can even do a search for that term.

Quick Reply: Whole car and steering wheel vibration