2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Very bad noises/movements after curb check. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Icon_xof
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Very bad noises/movements after curb check. Please help!

Ok, so I was turning left and some geriatric driver (yes I saw the handicapped sign) cut me off to where it was their van or the curb. So I hit a ~10" curb with the passenger front tire hard enough to pull the back around and cause the rear passenger tire to hit hard enough to leave a nice scratch on the rim. I cant believe the front rim didn't crack.
Anyway, immediately after, there was a nasty nasty noise coming from under the car. Sounded like the tire was rubbing hard, but it was coming from under the gear shifter area.
Took it home and took a look, and I couldn't notice any damage. Tie-rod end looked ok, links, calipers, axle, etc. looked ok. I did notice though, that when I turned the tire, there was a loud "click" coming from where that axle enters.
Tried driving on it (had no choice) and after about 4 days the sound was worse, and my car would feel like it was trying to veer in either direction. During the 2nd day, my Ultra Gauge alerted the same pending code three times (P70700), but the code never went CEL and didn't happen during the last 2 days of driving it.
Stopped driving it at that point. I don't want to take it to a shop unless I absolutely have to. Talked to some of my cousins and they say its either the CV axle or the tranny. What should I do???

Old 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Clicking is a CV joint/axle. You probably need an alignment too.

Quick Reply: Very bad noises/movements after curb check. Please help!