2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

barometric pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:06 PM
chronoboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default barometric pressure?

Well, the curse of letting the neon sit around struck again. i decided to drive the it to work today after letting it sit for over a month and wouldn't you know it, it broke down again. I can drive that thing regulary and never have a problem, I let it sit for awhile and without fail, something goes wrong.

So after I stopped by the store for my daily amp i got in and turned the key and nothing. I do not keep cranking cause it always starts right off the bat, so I released and turned again and it fired up. as I pulled out on the road I thought i felt a hesitation but kept going, got about a mile down the road and it started acting like it was out of gas, I then pulled over and the CIL came on, so left it there and got a ride to my truck and havn't messed with it since besides going back to see what code it would throw and got P0129. Now i have done some research but most the answers to this code are very vaige, i've read atleast 5 diff posiblities to this code but no for sure one. One of the options said it could of been because I didnt keep the key cranked untill it started and the fix would be to reset the pcm, anybody heard about this option? other ideas where MAP sensor, dirty TB, and oxygen sensor.

If anybody would have any ideas to my problem it would be a great help cause I'm at that point of just getting rid of this car, but on the other hand I like having it around cause it's alot better on gas then my other rigs and I can haul my dogs that cant stay clean to the lake with it, and I've had a blast tinkering around with it.

P.S not sure if this has to do with the current problem but my wife drove it around for awhile last month and said it was getting bad gas milage.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:34 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

P0129 is barometric pressure out of range. It could be a bad IAC and/or IAC wiring/circuit or a bad MAP and/or MAP wiring/circuit.

Quick Reply: barometric pressure?