2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Speakers crackling...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Melinda
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers crackling...

Hey I was hoping someone could tell me why i am getting a crackling/popping sound through my speakers only on FM radio only when my car is running seems to get louder as i accelerate but when i let off the gas it almost seems to stop until i press gas again...i have a 2000 d0dge neon and this is the 3rd stereo i have put in it...i didnt have this problem when i bought it but it has been going on for about 2 yrs...???

Old 09-19-2012, 01:30 AM
mxchaz

It sounds like you have a bad ground, I would check the wiring on the back of the stereo. Sometimes when pulling the headunit in and out, the connections can come loose or a wire can become exposed/broken. Did you replace the speakers when you changed the radio?

Last edited by mxchaz; 09-19-2012 at 01:31 AM. Reason: missed information
Old 09-19-2012, 01:41 AM
Melinda
Amateur

No the speakers havent been replaced but i take good care of them...i was guessing a bad ground also which brings me to a second question...where should the black ground that comes out of the car harness go and then what about the black ground that comes out of the clip on the stereo? i had them hooked together then i undid them and taped them both off but this didnt seem to help...do u think it would help to ground them somewhere on metal???

Old 09-19-2012, 01:52 AM
Melinda
Amateur

Sorry i did new reply instead of replying to yours...
No the speakers havent been replaced but i take good care of them...i was guessing a bad ground also which brings me to a second question...where should the black ground that comes out of the car harness go and then what about the black ground that comes out of the clip on the stereo? i had them hooked together then i undid them and taped them both off but this didnt seem to help...do u think it would help to ground them somewhere on metal???

Old 09-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Melinda
Amateur

Do you know anything about the antenna...i read a little about the ground straps could something like that cause this problem???

Old 09-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Melinda
Amateur

Well guess i'll keep searching for diagrams...which i am finding not so simple...

Quick Reply: Speakers crackling...