2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Cleaning my car.. found a busted ground wire.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:25 PM
illriginalized
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning my car.. found a busted ground wire.

Anyone know what this is supposed to be grounding:

O/T
lol.. every time I take this car out for a ride or check on something I find something new to stress me out. Just spent most of my day water vacuuming my trunk (tire well area) and rear passenger floor. Might even have to get an interior detail done which is more than likely is going to ding me $100 at the very least.

O/T #2
Tomorrow's plan:

RTV trunk seal.

Why you may ask? After discovering about a solid inch of soil/dirt/grime tracing the side of the trunk seal, then spending a good hour cleaning it out, I noticed that the seal wasn't flush/glued to the car when I would push on the seal. In fact when I would push on the seal, it was revealing additional water and dirt underneath it.

So tomorrow I think I'm going to simply pull it complete off, thoroughly clean it, then apply RTV 1 foot at a time as I re-seat it back in place.

For the tail lights... I might just go aftermarket and replace the tail lights. I don't want to RTV glue my tail lights onto the body of the car for the sake of preventing water leaks into my trunk, unless that's my only option regardless of the tail lights I own (OEM or aftermarket).

Old 11-03-2012, 02:59 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nothing from the factory...

Old 11-03-2012, 04:06 AM
illriginalized
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darthroush
Nothing from the factory...

Nice! Did NOT want to lay down on my back under the dash with a flash light trying to find some kind of indicator as to what that wire was grounding.

Quick Reply: Cleaning my car.. found a busted ground wire.