2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

found and replaced horn

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:26 PM
doc4critters
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found and replaced horn

Hey,

I am new to this forum, came here for help locating the horn on my 2003 neon sxt. Yes, it is in the right fender, forward of the wheelwell, just above the washer resevoir, below the front edge of the headlight. Actually, if you look carefully through the grill holes adjacent to the fog light, you should be able to see it. From below, you can touch the horn, but it would be difficult to work on from below. Since I do not own a creeper, yet alone a lift, nay not even a decent set of wrenches, I took out the headlight. It was a piece of cake!

The horn wasn't broke, I was simply tired of the stock 'kiddie kar' horn. I went to a junk yard and got a pair of horns from a pickup to replace the stock horn. The paired horns had a hot wire and were body grounded. The stock horn had a hot wire and a ground wire. I removed the stock plug, attached the hotwires, and attached the ground wire to each horn. Voila! Now I can say "get-outa-my-way!!!" with some gusto!!

Just thought I'd pass that tidbit on.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:38 AM
casper
Legend
Default RE: found and replaced horn

Thanks for the info, I think. That kind of an odd 1st post. Most of us know where the horn is an how to change it, but welcome to the site.

Old 09-09-2005, 04:43 AM
doc4critters

I'd have to say thats kind of an odd response to a first post. Well, thanks for welcoming me to the forum, I think.[sm=chairshot.gif]

I, too, know how to find the horn on most any model car. I've owned my neon for about six months and I love it (especially now that it has a real horn). However, when I initially looked for the horn under the hood, I couldn't find it. When I did a search on this website, the actual advise was to crawl under the car and have someone honk the horn, not very impressive advise. So, apparently there were several other 'posters' who didn't know where the horn was, either.

Yeah, you can locate the horn by crawling under the car, but you sure can't work on it from there. Taking out the headlight gave great access. I thought I'd post my experience, as this approach wasn't posted here. Maybe save someone from crawling around under their car.

Geez, I just thought I was passing along some helpful information . Isn't that what forums are for?[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 09-11-2005, 03:57 AM
whyte69
Veteran

I'm pretty sure that this has been posted in the truck section before, but this seems relevant:

http://www.hornblasters.com/

Look around the site a bit, the horns are similar to that of train horns and whistles. Highly illegal in some places, but funny as hell to see reactions. They've got vids of some guys driving around blowing these horns.

Quick Reply: found and replaced horn