2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Broke PCV off in valve cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 AM
arnonefrank13
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Broke PCV off in valve cover

Well someones dog snuck up on me and almost bit me while I was working under the hood and he stardled me and I pushed on a wrench and snapped the end off the PCV. I was pissed. so I removed valve cover and tryed drilling out the old valve hoping it would catch and the drill would back it out but didn't. I dont have big easy outs so I just drilled what I could out( It all fell under the baffle) and got the old valve I had and threaded it in. Took off baffle and cleaned up the valey. I had no Idea what it looked like under the baffle. Put thread locker on the baffle scews an RTV between the valve cover and valve because there is a holein the valve cover where the threads for the valve goes. ALSO one of my Valve cover bolts broke off inda head. ( This will be my third valve cover bolts to break on me) its the one closest to the no. 2 fuel injector. I drilled what i could but I got off track and drilling somewhat in the bolt and some in the head. but i wanted to share this with you guys...

Last edited by arnonefrank13; 02-10-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Broke PCV off in valve cover