2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Coolant Alledgedly Came Out Tailpipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:54 AM
fhadso
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Alledgedly Came Out Tailpipe

So I got caught driving in snowpocalypse 2013 today, and I got stuck in some really deep snow. Having driven a 2WD truck for three years in two Missouri winters, I started to rock it, with no avail. Some guys came to help push me out, and with me rocking it and them pushing, I got unstuck. However, one of the guys said that there was coolant running out of my tailpipe, and told me to get the snow out of my engine compartment.

Upon further inspection, there was no snow in my bay, nor was my coolant low, nor was it running hot (although it was cold as a !$@#% outside), etc. I checked everything. It wasn't leaking at all, there weren't any telltale signs of a blown head gasket, it was running just as smoothly as before, and I didn't push it that hard. I think I might have only gotten it up to about 3000 RPM, nothing that I would think would blow a head gasket.

The engine compartment was completely dry, other than a little snow that got knocked onto the exhaust manifold and was subsequently turned into steam.

I drove it home just fine. My question is this. Should I actually be concerned? I was also thinking that somehow, some way, it came from the overflow? When I looked at the pseudo-puddle, it wasn't really aligned with my tailpipe, and didn't become apparent until after my car moved forward a few feet.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:21 PM
buddhaman
Veteran

You melted snow that was around the tail pipe and I'm sure some got in. Plus condensation. Nothing to be worried about.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

Yea thaat a good snow storm, I was watching it on radar from north tex on up out east some... def can't slow plow with our neons, maybe a lil e-brake drifitng hehe

Quick Reply: Coolant Alledgedly Came Out Tailpipe