2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Here is one for the neon gurus

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 PM
neonstang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Here is one for the neon gurus

The problem with my neon (2000 atx) is it was kind of slow when going up big hills so I and a friend run it with a scanner live data and found that the car has the ignition advance at very low speed, like 5mph and 38 degrees advance then when you take off, it go down as low as -2 degrees. What could be the problem? The computer is a Autocomputer Xchange unit reflashed to my vin and mileage. Car has almost all the sensors changed with the exception of the TPS and the Knock sensor. There are no codes and the only problem is that when you mash the throttle it kind of bog because does not have the ignition advance when it is needed. Hope you can help. Thank You.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

crank or cam pos. sensors about to crap out, mine would bog and miss driving steep up hill with 4 fatty's in my car lol

Thankfully we all are not fatty's anymore hehe

Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

Any luck?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM
neonstang

Right now I didn't have time to test it since I work at night shift and sleep during the day, but I will check it on my free day and let you know. Maybe it can be one of the sensors, but they were changed last year with autozone's units. My friend thinks that the problem is the kickdown on the transmission since when the car didn't kickback is when it bogs down and almost all the time when I go on the big hill it does it in third gear. The only time it kickdown is when I mash the throttle. So don't really know what happen. Another thing is that the car is stalling heavily at idle when in gear to the point that the car want to shut off. Can it be one of the sensors that you told me?

Quick Reply: Here is one for the neon gurus