2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Liquid leaking on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 06:15 AM
bupon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquid leaking on passenger side

Today I was driving and when I would turn left, I would hear an odd noise. It sounded like something sizzling. The passenger side mat was wet. It looked like something was leaking into the car. I don't know what type of liquid it is (guessing coolant). It didn't have any color or smell, might be water. Here are some pictures. Does anyone know what this could be. I have a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT, 88k miles.

Attached Thumbnails Liquid leaking on passenger side-2013-03-13_01-43-44_453_zps397d8daa.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 AM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

does the fluid taste sweet? If it does then it's your heater core, but sometimes the windshield can develop leaks

Old 03-13-2013, 03:19 PM
AnthemBassMan
Veteran

-You have a common problem. I have to do this to mine too. The drain tube that runs from the blower housing is plugged and the water doesn't drain from it. The sizzling you heard was the water splashing against the fan. The blower motor cover is behind the glove box and is held on by maybe three or four screws. If you look under your car on the passenger's side about a foot in from the front tire, you will see a black rubber hose, maybe 1/2" in diameter, just hanging there. That's where the drain line ends. Pull the blower cover from the inside of the car and clean out the hose and the housing. That should fix it for you....

L8R,
Matt

Quick Reply: Liquid leaking on passenger side