2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Interesting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 03:04 AM
redskinz56
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting Problem

Here is an interesting problem. My car would randomly out of no where have problems in the dash board. Basically it would say i was low on gas, but no gas light would be on, it would say im going 0mph, it would say my car is completely cool. Everything on the speedometer would go to the lowest setting there was although those were not the true settings. I already tried changing the alternator and battery and ever since i changed the alternator, it would do it less but still do it. Also, i noticed that if i DON"T leave the lights on, my battery over charges so during the day i leave my lights on if not the battery light comes on.

I've been driving like this for more than a month and the car runs fine. However, just last night i turned on my car, and right away the dashboard acts up and locks to the lowest setting again just seconds after i turn it on. reading that my car is completely cold, no gas, and 0 mph, 0 rpm. so i decide to turn off my car, and turn it on again but what happends now is that it will crank and turn on but then just turns off within 2 seconds, and my left light now does not work.

any feedback please let me know. thanks

Old 09-19-2005, 03:29 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Default RE: Interesting Problem

Maybe a shorted wires to the ECU ??? Kinda sounds like a gauge cluster problem. there are some how tos on resoldering the short link but I cannot be to sure b/c My 95 never acted up on it...My other neons never had that problem. Is your car giving a CEL?

Old 09-19-2005, 03:32 AM
redskinz56
Professional
Default RE: Interesting Problem

sorry im slow about cars? whats a CEL? check engine light comes on i believe

Quick Reply: Interesting Problem