2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 Dodge Neon with multiple problems.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 05:10 PM
jake.diamond07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Neon with multiple problems.

Problem 1 of 2: Ever since I first changed the oil in my car, the oil light blinks on and off all the time, but usually at stops. I've heard various answers to the problem but never a definite one. I also couldn't understand where people were saying the parts were to fix. So that's that one.

Problem 2 of 2: All my electricity in the car has been going out. Like everything. The radio, mileage, all lights, etc. The engine just stops and I have to try and start my car up again. Then sometimes (like the past 4 days) it hasn't been messing up, only the oil light. So what could that be? I've had my battery tested and its fine, its also about 2 months old. I've heard alternator or ground wires. I don't know what to do because its stopped recently and its on and off.

Please help. Thanks.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 PM
richards83
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem with the oil pressure light is probably the oil pressure switch. Very common on these cars and fortunately inexpensive. It's located on the backside of the engine block (toward the firewall). If you shine a light back there, you should see a green electrical connector. Some people remove the battery and go at it from that direction, but I prefer to do it from underneath. I believe it takes a 1 1/16" socket or metric equivelant. The electrical issue sounds a grounding problem to me. I would check the battery cables and all ground wires. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Neon with multiple problems.