2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

p0300, p0340 but runs fine

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Sweetjess53
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0300, p0340 but runs fine

Hi everyone, I don't know a ton about cars but I know enough to replace things I can find on the internet. I've been having this problem ever since my roommate crashed her car. A code was thrown for cam position sensor. She waited a pretty long time before deciding to try to fix it (or ask me to fix it.) It was running very rough and lost all it's power and the AC made everything worse. So she finally bought the tools and parts I needed to replace the sensor. The car ran better but still was stuttering under acceleration. I then replaced all the spark plugs and spark plug wires and now the car runs great. Just today though the check engine light came on and it popped up with P0300, P0303, and P0340. The car didn't hesitate or anything when the codes popped up and still runs fine. I'm not sure what else to look for though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 PM
iterrones
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the vehicle is running Fine discconect the ground cable from battery and reconnect after 15 minutes that should clear the codes, if after driving vehicle the codes come back then replace the Crank Shaft Sensor, that should clear the codes.

Quick Reply: p0300, p0340 but runs fine