2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

hey, few audio questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 10:11 AM
dave_neon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey, few audio questions...

i've got a 99 (newer shape) chrysler neon, a 2.0l LX model, and to be honest, i love it its nippy, lovely interior, etc etc, biggest prob;lem is the ****TY cassette deck lol, so i'm wondering, does the car have an amp? when i removed the stock head unit, i have a cable going onto the cage the stereo is in which said "amp" does this mean i have to buy a special harness to fit an aftermarket stereo or what?

any1 wanna gimme the codes/names of any appropriate harnesses or facia adaptors?

afaik, i need either the PC2-58-4 by autoleads, or the MAY-PX627 by maystar, but that i might need the MAY-PX720 if i have the "active speaker system" (by which it means a factory fitted amp?)

any advice would be great, need to get my new stereo in!!!!

Dave (from the uk btw - neons are so rare here!)

Old 10-16-2005, 08:42 AM
olagunas
Default RE: hey, few audio questions...

Is that AMP cable blue?

It might be used to turn on and off a potential amplifier or power antenna as there would be no point in a power antenna being up if the radio is off or having an amplifier on if there's no sound.

Old 10-16-2005, 06:14 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Default RE: hey, few audio questions...

No hes talkin bout that wire that is clipped on the outside of the player its really wierd cuz it says amp on it and there is no actual connection to another wire......its almost like it is a ground for the amp maybe...its not like the remote wire on a normal player. I just pulled a piece of metal and attached it to the back of the player in an install I did last year I dont know if its important but I do know that it still pounded like it did when I installed it. But yeah I just made a piece that it would attach to.

Quick Reply: hey, few audio questions...