2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

head gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 02:42 PM
G SKI
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go Figure

drving and monitoring temp and all fluids no change. Then it happened again temp up to 3\4 gauge. Noticed this time fans weren't on and couldn't get a\c fan to turn on. Started with banging relays, swaping relays, check Conn to fans. Nothing. Then I crawed under car to check wiring harness which looked good when I saw another conn. It looked fine but a closer look ,I saw the lock was not loçked . So I pushed Conn together to make sure it was seated and slid lock tab, started car and a\c fan came on . Went for a ride to warm up engine and fan came on when needed. So far so good. Time will tell. Thanks for the replys

Old 09-06-2015, 03:44 PM
boatmoter
Amateur

watch which thermostats you use, you should stick to brand name ones like stant, I put one in mine from autozone and it stranded me the next day 25 miles from home, also does your radiator fan come on??

Old 09-07-2015, 07:35 PM
cougarmt

Cooling fans: if they're not coming on when the ECM calls for cooling (as triggered by the coolant temp sensor and/or A/C pressure switch), then you're going to experience overheating symptoms when the car isn't moving down the road (or on extra hot days). The coolant and oil can only provide so much cooling...the fans contribute a lot too. Haven't read up on them yet, so don't know if just one, or both fans respond for general engine cooling, or just one when A/C is on, and what the kick-in/kick-out thresholds are, etc. But I guess I will be now! )

Old 09-23-2015, 12:45 PM
G SKI
Rookie

Here's a thought. Wouldn't it be nice to add a led or two so you know fan/fans is on . How to?

Old 09-25-2015, 12:28 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ground to ground and positive to 12V fan wire.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:50 PM
G SKI
Rookie

Oh wow that simple. Good. Thanks

Quick Reply: head gasket?