2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

O2 Sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 08:21 PM
redsl
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sensor wiring

I have an 05 neon sxt keep getting P0132 code changed the sensor and still get it. checked fuel pressure checked filter/regulator changed plugs gapped correctly and wires checked all injectors. PLEASE HELP driving me crazy.
I tried to check the pins in the harness on engine side I put continuity tester to negative battery terminal and touched the pins in the harness. I got a ground to lite up on two pins. I turned key to run not start and checked all pins for voltage there was no voltage on any pins. Should there be 12 volts going to any of these pins when key is in on position(not started) and should I be reading a ground on two wires. It is the upstream sensor on manifold. I need help. I think it started right after I cleaned the throttle body if that gives anyone any indication as to what happened. Can someone tell me how to check the harness to see if there is a problem with the wiring and make sure I have power and proper ground thanks

Old 10-14-2015, 04:55 PM
redsl
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone tell me if I just can bypass the PCM and just install a 15amp fused circuit inline with the O2 sensor heater pin on the engine harness side. ? It looks like all the wires are ok from the harness to the PCM pins. That means that I am only missing the 12 volts from the PCM to go to the O2 heater wire. If the PCM is supposed to give a constant 12 volt feed to that wire than I assume that the direct wiring would be ok as long as I get it from a key on fuse. (so it goes off when key is off). Please let me know if this will work as I do not want to get a new PCM.

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor wiring