2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

got a few strange issues.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 05:46 PM
MagicCrazyThing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a few strange issues.

I'm going to start off by saying the this car sat for the better part of a year. The input shaft bearing went bad and it took me a while to find another manual transmission that didn't cost six hundred dollars.

the first problem that I've noticed is that for some inexplicable reason the drivers side of the car sits about 2 inches higher than the passenger side in the front. I've verified that all suspension parts are bolted on correctly, but other than that I am lost. the entire time the car was sitting the suspension in the front was undone, meaning I had the spindles disconnected and sitting in the back of the car. It has also gotten crazy out of line.

there is also a kind of rubbing/vibrating type of noise coming from the front passenger side when I go over bumps that cause the front right end to drop (which is almost all of them because the left side is much stiffer than the right for some reason.

The other issue I have is that there is what appears to be smoke coming out of the vents. when it warms up. I'm assuming it has something to do with the heater core, especially considering it has been very cold and wet for the last few days here in Missouri.

all of the struts were replaced with readymount assemblies at the same time about a year before we had to do some work on the transmission.

I'm usually pretty good with suspension, but this kind of has me stumped.

I can also add pictures, or video if someone wants.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:17 AM
73novass
Rookie

same problem with the smoke out of the vents for me, does it smell like antifreeze? if so I bypassed the heater core it went away. However I am not sure its the heater core in my case because the heater hoses were in rough shape I am going to replace them and hope it is it hoses are cheap $1.39 per foot by me in florida

Old 01-22-2016, 10:34 AM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

ride height is a few things, rubber suspension bushings, saggin spring, worn out strut & strut mount, and or tweaked uni body from accident repair work. the noise vibration is usually motor & torque mounts bad or going bad.

Quick Reply: got a few strange issues.