2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Front end clunk

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Kyleman1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end clunk

Getting a front end clunk every so often. No rythm just a metal on metal clunk. Could this be bushings or CV joint?

Old 11-06-2005, 03:19 AM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Front end clunk

Need a lot more info. Where is it comming from? what causes it? I get a clunk every so often when I run people over, lol I'm just kidding, but any more info you can give would help us help you.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:16 PM
tlmac
Default Front End Clunk as well

I have a Dodge SX 2003. Its at about 120,000kms or so and everytime I start up into first and sometimes second gear, the front end makes a loud clunk. I can hear it and feel it underneath my feet(more specifically I can feel it while my foot is on the gas petal(pedal?). I know I need to bring it to get it fixed but I'm wondering what it might be, how much that might cost(I'm not exactly floating in funds right at this moment). Anybody have any idea what this might be??!?!?!

Old 11-22-2008, 10:17 AM
calligan

I was getting a clunking sound after getting my tired rotated a while back. Turned out the front passenger tire was a little loose.
Another time It happened on the front driver side, it would clunk when I was coasting or if I was going over 50 on the highway. That turned out to be the control arm on the driver side. I ended up having to take it somewhere to get replaced because I spent about 4 hours trying to get it off and it wouldn't budge.

Quick Reply: Front end clunk