2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Neon help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 11:02 AM
Crazycole
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neon help

I have a 2004 SXT w/ 178 plus miles thousands. There has only been 2 owners I'm the second. If work was required , I have did all the work myself. Not much ( knock on wood) of course the wear tear ( bushing / bearings going ). I wish... Lol.
The car was in motion when the engine shut down. Engine light kicked on, then Flip key 3x's, code Cameshaft sensor. Note, I have already changed this sensor prior. The value cover is leaking, which caused it to have an issue.(not that bad ) Try to turn over and Crankshaft position sensor code. (Intermittent). Went now....
This car is in Premium shape, the oil alone is as clean as u poor it from the new container. Now, the manual 2000-2005 chiton says the crankshaft positions sensor is located under oil filter, this is not true. It's located near the starter not near the oil filter. I changed both... Wouldn't turn over. To validate I had sparkplug.. Pulled cylinder /plug 1 and ground to see if engine would have compression to crank over. It did, then I heard it. The Bang..... Timing belt went. I'm so use to old school using timing light. The easy way of getting out of it. Lol beside that point, I took in shop . Other then changing the belt, they set the timing. It run terrible... Really rich. Changed all plugs/wires and air filter with premium parts. Still ran horrible.. Vacuum , then I noticed the electric fan not kicking on. Finding out they pulled the engine, which they didn't have to do. Go in thru the passenger side wheel well. I'm a Woman and yes I AM A MOTOR HEAD MOPAR GIRL.
This is terrible to say after the 20th century, I guess women still do not know bout cars. That's what He says , and it's the heads and belt valves.he made that desision before I even took car in. Even if there was, Maybe a slight difference, not significant enough to have it run like it is. I'm thinking he just changed belt, timing not timed properly for compensation. So my question is, can someone have any suggestions, or thought into this? I do have a dial indicator compestion tester. If compestion is equal in all cylinders, no timing issue. Any suggestions?? And is there a popular junk yard that have some Neon parts??

Old 03-25-2016, 08:24 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Moved to a separate thread so you get more visibility. Someone will be along soon to offer advise. Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Bladez28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank sensor

I changed my crank sensor with a new one not oem mopar. It started then started having problems starting, I then bought bought a factory mopar sensor and no problems afterwards. I think sensor wise I would buy factory mopar.

Quick Reply: Neon help