2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 Dodge Neon 2.0

Old 05-03-2017, 01:28 AM
jc179
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Neon 2.0

Hi,

I have a 2005 Neon with 124km on it, and recently, it's starting having 2 problems

1. Cold days, it will not start first try, sometimes catches, but will stall
2. After engine has warmed up, and I come to a stop, the idle will dip to ~500 rpm, this will most of the time trigger oil pressure warning light. Shifting to neutral brings idle back up to 750, and all is well.

I did have a crank position sensor which, fell apart, I replaced it with a new one, and the code went away. For good measure, I cleared all codes on the computer, just incase.

I've changed the plugs and wires, and sparkbox with new stuff, as part of maintenance, but the issue remains unchanged.

I've also cleaned the ISV, and check the associated intake plumbing for any leaks, or cracks, none were found.

Any ideas why this has suddenly started doing this? Seems like the cold start issue is related, as they both started happening around the same time.

I asked at the parts desk if there was a fuel filter, the tech said this car does not have one... ? Odd?

I found a known issue on the internet discussing the fuel rail's had some rust in them? I don't think the injectors would be bad though, as it runs fine otherwise.

any suggestions on what else could be checked?

thanks
Jonathan

Old 06-11-2017, 01:23 AM
jc179
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmmm

oh hey, I fixed it! Sold it and bought a honderp.

seriously though, no one has any idea where else to look with this?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Neon 2.0