2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

01 rt intake questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 04:02 PM
Kuwik 01 rt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 rt intake questions!!

So I have a 2001 dodge neon rt. Been in my family since it was brand new. I recently started taking the intake system apart and looking into it as I want to put an aftermarket intake on it. My question is, the sensor that is hooked up in the stock system, I believe the iat sensor?, If you put an aftermarket intake on, where do you install the sensor to? How does it hook up? Where does it need to be? Are there intake systems that will make it an easy process to replace? Currently all there is connected to the tb is an air filter and I cut into the intake and shoved the sensor in it and the cel went off after I did that but it is Jimmy rigged to heck and probably not to safe I'm assuming lol.. please help!!

Old 05-31-2017, 04:29 PM
Kuwik 01 rt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics s
Originally Posted by Kuwik 01 rt
So I have a 2001 dodge neon rt. Been in my family since it was brand new. I recently started taking the intake system apart and looking into it as I want to put an aftermarket intake on it. My question is, the sensor that is hooked up in the stock system, I believe the iat sensor?, If you put an aftermarket intake on, where do you install the sensor to? How does it hook up? Where does it need to be? Are there intake systems that will make it an easy process to replace? Currently all there is connected to the tb is an air filter and I cut into the intake and shoved the sensor in it and the cel went off after I did that but it is Jimmy rigged to heck and probably not to safe I'm assuming lol.. please help!!

Attached Thumbnails 01 rt intake questions!!-20170531_152038.jpg   01 rt intake questions!!-20170531_152025.jpg  
Old 06-03-2017, 12:31 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It goes into the tube that goes from the air box into the fender...that you don't have. As for aftermarket, I have no idea, but I'd mount it wherever your getting the air from for the filter so it reads the same air temp and doesn't screw other stuff up, if it doesn't come with somewhere to put it.