2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

I really love my 03 pls help

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 04:52 AM
Angal Rushing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really love my 03 pls help

I have a 03 manual transmission sxt.. I love this car so I'm hoping someone can help. Third injector stays on/open sprays constantly once you turn the key floods the motor basically. I do have fuel in my oil but I don't want to change it without fixing the injector issue so I don't have to repeat the oil change after.. fuel regulator New fuel pump obviously works car won't start every time and when it does it doesn't stay running when pump relay is pulled it starts put it back after it starts and it dies assuming due to the injector. Is this a computer issue? If so can I use the computer out of a 05? I am in this to the end with this car I just got my stitches removed that this car gave me last week replacing the windshield I'm already invested so I am really hoping someone can give me some suggestions. Thanks in advance

Old 08-22-2017, 09:15 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

swap the number three injector with one from another cylinder. if the problem follows the injector, replace the injector. if the problem stays at #3 the problem is wiring or ecm related.

check for dtc related to the injector; follow the diagnostics for that dtc.

if no dtc and if the injector is ground controlled, check for short to grd on the injector return wire to the ecm.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Angal Rushing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did the switch it didn't follow it stays in 3. We also test lighted it with key off #3 lights up.

Can I use a computer from a 05? are they compatible?

Old 08-23-2017, 09:16 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

when you checked with the test light...the injector is ground controlled and will have power at all times but you know that as the injector wont shut off. That is not the check you need to know; test the grd side of the injector wire as that is what is controlled by the pcm.
a noid light would be nice to have... the noid should flash with injector pulse...without it all you can do is check the continuity of the injector grd wire back to the ecm. Also check for short to grd and short to power on this wire....if its ok...them change the pcm.

I do not know compatibility of the model years. AuotWrecker should know