2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 Neon crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 11:27 PM
barracuda340
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Neon crank no start

Hi, Crew! I've been racking my brain about this for weeks. I have a 2005 Dodge Neon crank no start. I have no supply or signal voltage to any of the three wires to the coil. Crank and cam sensors are working and communicating with the PCM properly. There is proper fuel pressure and functioning injectors with proper supply and signal voltage. I have continuity between the supply wire for the injectors, coil, and to the PCM. The ASD relay is good. I am at a loss as to why there is no voltage to the coil. I don't have anything to show waveforms of the PCM. Just a test light and a multi-meter. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:00 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

2 L engine I assume?

the coil should only have power on the dark green/orange wire in the number 2 pin of the coil connector.
the asd relay supplies power to the all injectors and coil on the same wire. check for power on the coils...if they don't have power....move back to the asd relay and see if you have power out of the relay. Is the asd relay clicking? check for codes...maybe you have a code for the asd circuit?

if the crank or cam position sensor input is missing the pcm will shut down the asd relay.

Last edited by primem; 01-30-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Dave_w
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem. I've replaced the coil, cam and crank sensors. It was starting if I would shoot a little either to it but then one day just wouldn't start at all. I'm not getting any codes. Is there any help or hope for this?

Old 02-09-2019, 06:32 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

start a new thread and post your model, year, engine and a clear description of the symptoms.

Quick Reply: 2005 Neon crank no start