2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

A/C compressor not engaging because of bad ECM

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 09:23 AM
Jeffrey Penfield
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C compressor not engaging because of bad ECM

I have 2004 Neon SXT with 2 liter engine. A/C went bad. It was wrecked and I replaced condensor and sent it in for evacuation and charging. Diagnostics showed I had a bad ECM that needs to be replaced. Everything else works just fine on the car. Can the A/C on the ECM be the only thing that goes out on an ECM?

Old 09-15-2020, 11:07 PM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the 2nd Gen Neon forum
I see you don't have any replies yet, so will see if I can get things started.
So the shop couldn't get the AC to run? So they said diagnostics showed the ECM was at fault, so post up what error code Number they found & printed on the work order????
EDIT: Also post up any other trouble code clue Numbers you've found when scanning the ECM, as they can help focus a trouble shoot. If you don't have, can't borrow, or come by a code reader, or scan tool that can display live PID's on your viewing device, you can have the vehicle ECM put up codes on the dash display by turning the ignition switch from Off to On/Run three times, stopping at On/Run the third time (but Don't go to start to crank the engine) Write down & post All code Numbers. More beginning thoughts for consideration.

Last edited by paw paw; 10-25-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:51 PM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Bump:
Well Jeffrey, any work order trouble code Number clues to post, or any you've found having the vehicle ECM scan itself & post its findings on the dash display???? If you've fixed the problem, would be interesting to hear what was found, as it could add to the forum knowledge base.

Quick Reply: A/C compressor not engaging because of bad ECM