2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Trying to convert my dodge neon to a racing go kart

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 03:17 PM
Silentstorm96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to convert my dodge neon to a racing go kart

I have 2002 neon that’s molded out inside and can no longer be driven so I’m trying to gut everything body wise and dashboard wise to build a roll cage around it instead and need help where to look at to remove everything not needed unless I gotta grind all the metal off any advice will help

Old 03-07-2021, 07:46 AM
coilwire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's interesting... joke here about my 2003 being a glorified gokart being pretty much basic car. LOL =) If I was building something out of mine like this build the roll cage inside the vehicle and don't have to remove any metal you have struts to consider if keeping those and the engine too. The body and frame are pretty rigid using a jack on the front under passenger or drivers side surprised how can lift the whole side of the car easy wheel change when rotating tires. Notice the doors still open and close easy too jacked up like that, usually cars twist a little sometimes and doors don't work easy. It was easy to fix the rockers a while back too fabricated own out of left over sheet metal and MIG welded it in with the car jacked up on one side. Gonna cut metal cut all the metal from the base of windows around the car in essence making it a rag top with a roll cage might be a idea? Dirt track racing too notice drivers will lower the roof people who race go for the top of car. Get ideas going to dirt track racing see others how they chop stock cars and put roll cages in them.

Quick Reply: Trying to convert my dodge neon to a racing go kart