2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Did I fry my ECU

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 08:14 PM
Notmy03neon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I fry my ECU

I know, heck of a first post, right ? I’ll start a thread with a history of all the work I’ve done to this car in the new members section, an ‘03 Neon SE, which is my aunts, and I’ve been trying to help her out and get this thing running. I’m gonna skip right to the very end to try to keep this post brief: I was chasing an issue it was having, intermittent P0300 (multiple cylinder misfire) and P2302 (ignition coil 1 insufficient ionization) and found a single wire with a female spade connector that wasn’t hooked up to anything , and then found where
it was supposed to be hooked up, on the back of the head to what I mistakenly thought was some sort of little grounding block. I went to plug it in and the male spade connector broke right off so I rigged up a ground wire in its place with a spade connector to hook the wire to. My thought was, I’ll drive the car with this wire disconnected, and when the CEL comes on I’ll pull over and connect it to see if the engine smooths out and the light goes off. Well this is exactly what I did, and as soon as I touched the wire to the ground she shut right down. Now it won’t even crank, and on top of that my code reader won’t even initiate when I plug it in (I double checked on my Jeep, and it works like it should). Turn the key on and it sounds like the fuel pump kicks on, but that’s it, no crank or anything else. I found a pic online of the black block thing that I broke, and clicked on it and it said something about being some kind of noise suppressor I think, but I’ll attach a pic. I’m hoping someone can tell me where to go from here. Thanks in advance for any help

Quick Reply: Did I fry my ECU