2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2000 neon suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 04:30 PM
moobit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 neon suspension

Whats up, well i barely bough my neon a while back and the guy whom i bought it from said it was "professionally dropped". I like the way it looks and the amount it was dropped. But when i drive the car, you feel every single freaking bump and it makes my car hops around like crazy, even makes my gf fly around in her seat sometimes when i drive on the freeway. I have little or no idea about suspension so i need help, what do i need?. I know it has lowering springs, i thought they where cut springs because my friend had asked me if they where cut, but i checked them out and they wherent cut. So what do i need to have a smoother ride and stop hopping around like crazy!![sm=bounceybounce.gif] ? Thanks. Juan.

Old 01-30-2006, 04:35 PM
topher03
Default RE: 2000 neon suspension

maybe some softer springs....if they are too hard...they will be really rigid and have no give when going over bumps...

Old 01-30-2006, 04:40 PM
topher03

oops...also...you can have some really strong shocks that don't let your suspension move...if the shocks are really hard to push in...then you more than likely have shocks that are too hard...

Old 01-31-2006, 12:58 AM
casper
Legend

A stock neon has very little travel on the suspension to begin with. When you lower it you are getting even less travel, as a result they use very stiff springs so the suspension does not bottom out. My best suggestion is to go back to stock suspension. Any lowering spring or coilover is gonna give you a fairly rough ride, although yours sounds pretty rough.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:27 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

If you don't like the ride I would just go back to stock. I don't think there is any lowering spring or coilover that doesn't make the ride stiffer. Do you know what springs are on there? Stock struts on there I assume? If you find out whats on there we might be able to suggest something that might make the ride a bit better. Do you have low profile tires on there as well? I know when I have my low pros on I can feel bumps a whole lot more.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:12 PM
moobit
Professional

well i will try to find out soon, i havenet had time to check out my suspension again but since im going to buy a cai i guess i will check it out there and then when i install the cai. O, and yeah i have low profile tires on 16's. Thanks for the help. Juan.

Quick Reply: 2000 neon suspension