2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

JET Proformance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Customlimitz863
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JET Proformance Chip

im at the edge of my seat too. looking for a jet chip stage 2 once i finish up on the mods.....hope to hear how it went

Old 02-08-2006, 07:51 PM
minidodge32

ok fellas the verdict is in, BUY IT. The jet chip has officially received my vote, i have let 3 people drive my car and wow. Of course it's no turbo, i don't want you guys to think that, but when you hit second and gun it, the baby flat out flies. You can really feel your intake take over and the chip really provides a nice platform for it to work on. I've got to say, the price is a little out there, but for what it is, it really does help. Keep in mind that all i have is an intake and exhuast and i can feel a good amount of difference. Think of how you guys with r/t's and built engines will feel. I'd say that it gave me a good 7-8 hp maybe more. But the fact is that i can chirp in second when i originally couldn't. I'm impressed and i give this product about a 8 out of 10. The torque is improved also. Good luck guys.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:53 PM
minidodge32

by the way, i got a stage 2, the stage one is almost pointless unless for regular driveability

Old 02-08-2006, 11:35 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

So your trying to tell me JET didnt screw us over with a worthless transistor??? lol.

Hey its excellent news, now i'll have to go to Howell and order me one...too bad you cant get a run on the dyno with and without the chip, but hey, ten HP is pretty damn good!

Old 02-09-2006, 06:51 PM
BDM
Veteran

That is ****ing awesome! Wow, I might have to get this instead of the throttle body I was planning on getting. Can you tell me a little about installation? Does it come with instructions? How hard is it to install?

Old 02-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Somethingdirty
Professional

Let us know if you feel the same power after a few days,
just in case the PCM decides to kill the chip.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:12 PM
minidodge32

the chip is actually pretty hard to install. It's easy in a way but you might have the same problem i did, the dang clips to release the original cable from the computer are pretty hard to work with. I got a shop to put mine in for like 5 bucks. The chip i must say is helping my car even though i still think that 250 dollars is a bit steep for what it does. The chip really makes use of your bolt ons and thats the main thing that you can feel. You can almost feel your intake kick in and it pulls way harder in the higher gears. The torque is helped a bit also. You have to remember that all i have is an intake and an exhaust both of which are top quality though. Like I said i believe that the chip gives about 10 hp i'm not sure since i don't have the money to run it on a dyno. You can feel a difference though in how much the car actually picks up. Whether the chip will be overrun by the dang PCM is still untold. We'll see though, hopefully it won't. If you have some money to spend and it isn't written over by the PCM i think that the chip will help the car more in the long run, power wise in making use of your bolt on's. I'm not going to say buy it because different people have different opinions. But it definitely isn't a turbo and i probably doesn't give no 25 horsepower. But it's like i said, in the long run i think that it will help take advantage of the bolt on's on your car and it's something that you'll have to get neway if your interested in performance.
Thats my 2 cents hope ya'll have good luck with em also

Old 02-09-2006, 10:13 PM
minidodge32

by the way, it increases gas mileage too, if you keep your foot off the floor half the time.lol................yeah, who needs gas mileage

Old 02-10-2006, 01:09 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Ok so someone from another Neon forum just got there chip installed and said they could feel more pull through the gears...supposed to be getting it dynoed sometime this month. So we have two stories with at least some sort of gain...we'll just have to see whether the NGC kicks in and ***** us again and what kind of numbers come out of a dyno run.

Anyway, two "success" stories...seriously considering buying one of these bad boys but something tells me i should wait to see the dyno numbers just to be sure...anyone else planning on a purchase based on minidodge's success???

Old 02-10-2006, 01:41 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I'm interested as well to see if this actually makes more power. I would like some more torque...thats what is hurtin me at the moment. More HP would help too...but I'd take torque over hp at the moment. My car is very alive after 4,000rpm....don't know about everyone else.

Quick Reply: JET Proformance Chip