JET Proformance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 11:42 PM
BDM
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JET Proformance Chip

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if anyone here has bought and installed this. Was it worth it? Could you feel the power? Could anyone tell me how this thing even works...I don't have a clue. Also, how easy is it to install? I checked the other thread but found no real answers. I'm thinking I should just wait untill I get all the mods I plan on getting first and then just send my computer in to get it reprogrammed so I'll get the most out of it instead of getting this. Thank you for your help.

http://www.howellautomotive.com/inde...OD&ProdID=1235

Brian

Old 02-05-2006, 01:13 AM
minidodge32
Default RE: JET Proformance Chip

i'll be getting my chip in about tuesday or wednesday. The only difference is that i ordered the stage 2. I have a 04 sxt with a k&n intake and free flow exhaust. I let ya know when i get it up and running man

Old 02-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Somethingdirty
Professional

Yeah, I'd like to know where you can just send your computer in to have it reprogrammed. I'm ready to do that right now, I just need to know where.
If not, I'm thinking about buying the Jet Stage 2 Chip. I've heard alot of positive things about it, I'm just hoping the NGC won't override it or something.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:26 PM
BDM
Veteran

Sweet thanks mini. I know you have to have a 180 thermostat for that one. I don't have that...

somethingdirty: Jet is where I'm going to do mine at. Here is the link: http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?...&model=312#312 just shoot them an email if you have any questioins and they'll get back to you right away. It's $299. This seems the best way to go, because it's programmed exactly for you car and the specific upgrades you have. To get your moneys worth, make sure you finish all your mods before you get this done. Hope that helps man.

I see you got Borla Headers. What do you think of it? Can you feel the power? How many horses did you get from it? How much was install? I want to get headers eventualy.

Keep me posted with what happens with both of you

Old 02-05-2006, 04:47 PM
minidodge32

if i'm not mistake i think the 180 themostat comes stock on the neons. However, i have been known to be wrong. lol somebody correct me if i'm wrong

Old 02-05-2006, 04:50 PM
BDM
Veteran

Oh really? I don't have a clue lol...

Old 02-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Somethingdirty
Professional

There's 180 degree thermostats on howellautomotive, so I'm guessing we need to buy one.

"somethingdirty: Jet is where I'm going to do mine at."
Really? You can send the PCM/ECU whatever and they can reprogram it? If so, I'm gonna do it.

I love my borla headers, it is said that I get about 5-7 ponies from this, and I DO feel the difference.
Several car people looked at 'em and said they were of very high quality.
And the shop had no problem installing them, instead of the estimated 4 hours of install, it only took them two hours.
$140!
Unfortunately Borla has discontinued their headers, and MP just managed to fine one in another warehouse for me.
Really sucks huh? These headers are probably the best short tube headers one can get for their neon.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:33 PM
minidodge32

i think that those on howell are if you had previously changed your thermostat to 160 and you happened to lose the old on or something and you need a replacement

Old 02-06-2006, 04:32 AM
BDM
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Somethingdirty

Really? You can send the PCM/ECU whatever and they can reprogram it? If so, I'm gonna do it.
Sure can man. I'm definately doing mine through JET. They do it in one day and send it right back with the fastest shipping. Everything is included, it's really cool.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:52 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

does anyone actually own a stage 1 jet ship for a 03+ neon

Quick Reply: JET Proformance Chip