2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

JET Proformance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 06:02 PM
04ryanR/T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JET Proformance Chip

sounds real good guys.03neonRT: i sure would like to see a dyno from that other forum whenever its posted...

im also implying that this is the chip insert and not the reprogrammed chip right? i kindof recall that jet does reprogrammed chips too with your provision of a list of mods they reprogram your chip according to your mods...anyone know more about that too? im guessing that would be much more expensive??

other than that sounds like the next mod after my exhaust comes in

Old 02-10-2006, 06:05 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: 04ryanR/T

sounds real good guys.03neonRT: i sure would like to see a dyno from that other forum whenever its posted...

im also implying that this is the chip insert and not the reprogrammed chip right? i kindof recall that jet does reprogrammed chips too with your provision of a list of mods they reprogram your chip according to your mods...anyone know more about that too? im guessing that would be much more expensive??

other than that sounds like the next mod after my exhaust comes in

Yeah he said he would try and get the dyno done this weekend or next week, so hopefully we'll get some results real soon...so i can go buy one!
And yes these are plug and play chips that are added on to your current computer, i believe JET does reprogram PCM's but i dont think they do NGC's yet...

Oh and what exhaust did you end up buying for your R/T??

Old 02-10-2006, 06:09 PM
04ryanR/T

the thermal research and development rear section...i did a live chat with the guy from MP and he said thats what i wanted because the catback piping from borla is the same as my stock

Old 02-10-2006, 06:11 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Good choice, I've heard a lot of good things avout the Thermal rear sections and they're supposed to have a real nice tone to them. Plus you can install it yourself and save some money that way too...hope you like it!

Old 02-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Somethingdirty
Professional

Oh hell yeah, I love my thermal exhaust.
Looks great, sounds great, performs great.
It does have a bit of a hollow sound, and is a little raspy, but I like those sounds on it.
It sounds very unique, and NOT RICEY.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:08 PM
04ryanR/T

sweet now im even more excited haha...

probably should start another thread to ask this but anyone have any idea actual hp gains of a underdrive pulley....theyre pretty cheap and i was just wondering if theyre worth even that...

ive read that they dont do much, and i know how they work, im just wondering if anyone has any solid whp numbers

Old 02-10-2006, 07:26 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Its rumored you can get up to 10hp (2-4whp) from switching to a lightweight UDP..."They" say that for every pound you reduce at the crank you'll get 2-3hp from it, but i dont have one yet, ebay ones are about $25 and there just OBX leftovers...

Old 02-17-2006, 08:48 PM
philcgrow

any new news on the chip ur running, did the pcm kill it? Get it tested?

Old 02-17-2006, 09:25 PM
lblackneon
Champion

I have the best type of UDP and it was the first aftermarket part I installed. It didn't do that much. The most noticeable difference in performance was the amount of power the car generated with the AC on vs it being off. I have the AFX UDP and I've read reviews that were beyond exaggeration. Overall, I'm satisfied with that.

If you guys think $260 is expensive that's nothing compared to what I paid for my AFX Race PCM.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:13 PM
2003SXTneon
Professional

Hey guys whats up??? i was reading all the threads on the chips, and i have one question? once installed can you take out the chip and have your car back to what it was before you put the chip in???im not planning on doing that, i was just curious. thanks Mike

Quick Reply: JET Proformance Chip