2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Computer Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:41 AM
redskinz56
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer Help

I have a 2001, Dodge Neon & one day my car would just barely start and then shut off right away. I had asked the nearest Shell to take a look and do nothing more than just take a look. They never called & so the next day I called and asked what the problem was & they said they weren’t sure & that they needed more time. This proceeded for about a week. After that week or so they told me I needed a new computer to figure out the problem because they could not find the problem. It doesn’t take one week to find out if a computer was not operating. Another thing that surprises me is that they tried to charge me about $400 just for looking at my vehicle, I repeat just for looking at it, on top of that their diagnostic sign said it was no more than $90 for a diagnostic. I think this is pathetic that this actually has to be reported to the Shell Headquarters. Not only did they overcharge me but they even said to me that they knew that I was going to take my car else where after finding out the problem which they didn’t. This is not rocket science, if Yorktown Shell had run a diagnostic they would have found out right way that the computer had failed. For this reason I tried negotiating with them about lowering the rate because their sign says about $90 for diagnostic.

When I finally got my car out of the Yorktown Shell, I ended up paying a little more than $200 I believe, I had one of my friends of the family take a look at my car. He ran a diagnostic and tried changing computers(which I had bought a $500 computer from the dealer because the Yorktown Shell had told me to buy a new one and my new mechanic discovered I didn’t even need a new computer. I not only got ripped off for labor but they recommended me to buy a computer which I didn’t need.

This is not the only problem I’ve had with Shell, I also had an oil change at a different Shell & a few days later my car starts making clicking noises and oil light comes on. I take it to a gas station and they check the oil & tell me that no oil was even put in & that I got ripped off.

Please call 703.598.3031 if you can help in anyway or are interested in buying the computer. It was only used once and is in new condition. If willing to trade parts for the computer I will also do so because I'm interested in fog lights, possibly taillights & windshield whippers.

Thanks,
Mike Rodriguez
Falls Church, Virginia

Old 02-07-2006, 07:34 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Computer Help

That sucks. If they have a posted motor vehicle sign that says no more than $90 for diagnostics then you should not have paid more than that legally. Although I have seen many shops around here that charge $90 an hour for diagnostics so I think you read the sign wrong. If they did not put oil in the car after an oil change they owe you a new motor. My sister had an oil change done at jiffy lube and don't ask me how, but they did not put the drain plug back in and the car ran without oil for a few days and the motor seized. They put a brand new motor in her 1980 camaro, lol.

Old 02-08-2006, 03:10 AM
jimmyk

Casper, from your story about your sister I was beginning to think I live next door to her until you got to the camaro part. My neighbor had the exact same thing happen to her SUV and guess what it was from a Jiffy Lube. And Yes they did have to buy her a new motor.

Old 02-08-2006, 02:04 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

you know how long it takes me to do a computer diagnostic? 30 seconds. so why would they charge 200? To tell you yours was bad. RETARDS! If they were even remotely smart they would have known what to look for but obviously they arent. Get your 200 dollars back.

Quick Reply: Computer Help