Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power steering control valve

Got a picture?

Old 03-02-2006, 09:48 PM
TJW815
Veteran

I'm going to need a picture on this one, I just replaced one, and it was relatively simple, maybe u are trying to change the wrong part?

Old 05-18-2006, 06:12 PM
rcassettyjr

I need to do this on my 2000 Neon. Anyone have more insight on this? I have searched here and on the net and found some info that it is screwed into the PS high pressure line by the pump and other info that says it is on the rack. Which is right?

Thanks

Old 05-19-2006, 02:28 AM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

i got the same code right now and cant figure it out, Gunna call my uncle tomarrow and ask. He should help as he is the service manager at a dodge dealership, will let everyone know when i find out!!

Old 06-21-2006, 06:01 PM
rcassettyjr

Just wanted to give an update on this topic. I replaced her PSCV today. It's a 10 minute job and takes a 7/8" socket, a wobble/u joint, a 6" extension, and a ratchet. The part is less than $30 from the dealer (just give them your VIN). It is located on the steering rack on the driver's side facing the rear of the car. You get to it from underneath the car on the driver's side. Just pull it up on ramps, slide under the car and you'll see it. Just push in on the plug, lift the clip and unplug it. Put the socket on there and loosen it. It should unscrew by hand. I put some teflon tape on the new one before I installed it but there is an o-ring on the new one so I'm not sure if it is necessary. The old one did not have tape or sealant on it. It was blown out with fluid leaking through the electrical connector. I started the new one by hand put the socket on it and tightened it up. Do not over tighten it as it is screwing into aluminum and its hollow. Plug it in and clear the code. You should be all set.

Good Luck.

Bob

Quick Reply: power steering control valve