Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbo

auto + turbo = blown motor

Old 03-22-2006, 08:24 PM
insanetuner18
Rookie

The automatic part of this does not mean anything when it comes to turboing your car. My buddy has an 03 neon that he turboed with the hahn race craft turbo and i is automatic and the way he set it up he is running at least 12psi and it has been fine for two years and about 40,000 miles. So automatic doesn't mean anything.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:53 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Automatic = Much more drivetrain loss...i'm losing 15% while your losing 30%...

(oh and autos are boring to drive...the only auto i've ever "liked" driving is my parents 06 Mag R/T...but its an autostick so its a little better)

Old 03-22-2006, 09:04 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

just because people run turbos it does not mean that they are going to blow up, with a stock block you can run five lbs for many and many of years, PERIOD!! eight you can also do just not as long, i have started my kit and i am hoping to have it put i by the ed of the winter, but when i get it set up i am going to build a bottom end just so i can run ten to fifteen lbs with no problem, another thing to think about is how hard you plan on runnig your car? if you want to run it real hard all the time then build the bottom end first, if you run it hard then you are going to have problems but if you only get on it sometimes you can run low lbs of boost for along time with no problem

Old 03-24-2006, 04:03 AM
Guitarhead03

Yeah that's nice having a young engine, but what exactly would I have to beef up (bottom end) to hold, say, 10 lbs with a 74,000 miles car. I mean yeah, I know there is alot I'm going to have to replace, including a new clutch to hold the power and what not. I know how much the Hahn turbo kit is, but how much money do I need to keep my engine from blowing with that kit installed, I want to get 230 hp out of her.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:42 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Guitarhead03

Yeah that's nice having a young engine, but what exactly would I have to beef up (bottom end) to hold, say, 10 lbs with a 74,000 miles car. I mean yeah, I know there is alot I'm going to have to replace, including a new clutch to hold the power and what not. I know how much the Hahn turbo kit is, but how much money do I need to keep my engine from blowing with that kit installed, I want to get 230 hp out of her.

Do you want 230 crank HP or 230whp...the engine blows at like 250 wheel torque no matter how old the engine is and the rumor is even an old engine could hold roughly between 200-220whp for a while without any issues...a newer engine could hold that with little work done to the bottom end...

Old 03-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Guitarhead03

Well, Dodge claims 150hp out of a stock 02 ACR, if I could I want to bring that up to 220-255hp, not 220whp. Besides pistons, rods, new injectors, maybe ignition, fuel system, and clutch what else would I need? Rolling cams? I know Hahn supplies a large intercooler for the stage 2 kit, which would alleviate alot of problems and engine wear, but I want to make sure I pay the price and have my engine hold the power instead of getting the power then havnig unexpected costs of engine repairs that could have been taken care of.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:30 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

ORIGINAL: Guitarhead03

Do you want 230 crank HP or 230whp...the engine blows at like 250 wheel torque no matter how old the engine is and the rumor is even an old engine could hold roughly between 200-220whp for a while without any issues...a newer engine could hold that with little work done to the bottom end...
My understanding is the rods break at about 250 wtq. So if he got rods/pistons/bottom end kit it wouldn't be a problem. If you build it right there shouldn't be a problem.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:53 AM
AirWolf

Too you all that hate automatics too each is every own . I am going to have a auto turbo and getting a an acr srt4 really soon again . Im going to run low boost with my hahn turbo with nitrous will even be faster. I actually have a hahn turbo kit in my 1st gen auto neon and smoked alot of srt4s and sti s not to many evos pretty fast. 1st gen turbos are the coolest . Also going to stage 2 or 3 my acr as soon as possible.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:02 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

Too you all that hate automatics too each is every own . I am going to have a auto turbo and getting a an acr srt4 really soon again . Im going to run low boost with my hahn turbo with nitrous will even be faster. I actually have a hahn turbo kit in my 1st gen auto neon and smoked alot of srt4s and sti s not to many evos pretty fast. 1st gen turbos are the coolest . Also going to stage 2 or 3 my acr as soon as possible.

..........ummm....okay then....[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Quick Reply: Turbo