how much HP with bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 02:46 PM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how much HP with bolt ons

What do you consider "bolt-ons"?

I realize you car is NGC, but I've known people with NGC's that were running low 15's with bolt-ons. That's more than 150 HP at the crank if you've got a full interior car... I consider the head and/or cam to be bolt-on. With the Magnum head, Magnum cam (2001 preferably), Magnum intake manifold (rigged to work), good header, aftermarket cat (2.5" outlet, doesn't need to be "high flow", although most are, or claim to be), 2.5" piping, good 2.5" muffler (performs good, doesn't have to sound good or look good), cold air intake, UDP, lightweight wheels, and sticky tires, you should be hitting high 14's, assuming you are 5-speed.

Basic turbo kit with intercooler will get even an ATX into the 13's... no p/p needed.

And for nitrous, I'd go with Nitrous Express instead of NOS.

Best of luck!

Old 04-03-2006, 12:26 AM
ewetho
All Star

Well the head and cam are internal engine components and thus not a bolt on. If you were to go that far you could unbolt the pan and rod bolts and change pistons too as a BOLT ON which it ain't. Cams may be the gray area but simply if you open the motor it is not a bolt on. Intakes exhaust throttle bodies underdrive pulleys are bolt ons.

A turbo is more of a major upgrade but could be a bolt on. Just not a turbo and cam and head.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:13 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: RadarLove

What do you consider "bolt-ons"?

I realize you car is NGC, but I've known people with NGC's that were running low 15's with bolt-ons. That's more than 150 HP at the crank if you've got a full interior car... I consider the head and/or cam to be bolt-on. With the Magnum head, Magnum cam (2001 preferably), Magnum intake manifold (rigged to work), good header, aftermarket cat (2.5" outlet, doesn't need to be "high flow", although most are, or claim to be), 2.5" piping, good 2.5" muffler (performs good, doesn't have to sound good or look good), cold air intake, UDP, lightweight wheels, and sticky tires, you should be hitting high 14's, assuming you are 5-speed.

Basic turbo kit with intercooler will get even an ATX into the 13's... no p/p needed.

And for nitrous, I'd go with Nitrous Express instead of NOS.

Best of luck!
I have heard of one hitting high 14s with an NGC with a crane cam. I don't recall which one it was. But whoever did it didn't have that many mods done, but the cam was one of the big mods on the car.

Quick Reply: how much HP with bolt ons