2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

help with install

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
NonToxic
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with install

i ran into a slight problem when i was installing my alarm system, i had gotten everything working but everything wasnt placed at the right spot so i unhooked the battery a few times to adjust all the wires to run them where i wanted to be so it looked clean. but for some reason after a few times of unhooking the battery the security system dosent work now. i thought maybe i blew the system but the 12v power cord has a like fuse thing on it that protects it from blowing it i think. so i replaced the fuse and it still does not work. the reason i think it may not of blown is because on the system it has a starter defeat so when i try to start the car it wont crank on but all the power can come on. then when i unhook the starter defeat the car can start up. i tryed testing the alarm a few times before i unhooked the battery so i thought maybe it went into some mode where you cant start the car up. but im so lost on what to do. can someone help me out with this?

Old 04-02-2006, 05:55 AM
TJW815
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help with install

sounds like you may have sent a bit of voltage up your negative battery cable and shorted out the circuit board on the main alarm box.
fuses are a great thing, but they don't protect from a ground short, just from hot wire overload/short.

Quick Reply: help with install