2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Best battery?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Mike_02sxt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best battery?

Hey, just wondering what would be the best battery to put in my neon. It's a 2002 SXT w/ basically a 1000 watt system in it. (Kenwood CD/MP3/Sirius and HD Radio Deck, Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2"s and 6x9"s, a Rockford Fosgate Amp, and 2 12" MTX Audio Thunder Series Subs.) I know optimas are great but are they really the best in the car, or is there other ones that would be good? Im probably gonna get a seperate battery for the Amp (probably a rockford fosgate battery), so I guess an Optima would be fine for the car, right?

Old 04-23-2006, 10:07 PM
lblackneon
Champion
Default RE: Best battery?

I have two 12's with a really powerful sound system and I have the red Optima battery. I should have spent a few more dollars and bought the Deep cycle Optima but, that's what I'll recommend.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:41 AM
ewetho
All Star
Default RE: Best battery?

Understand other than the different types of battery there are only 3 manufacturers of batterys in America. Exide, Johnson Controls, ad I forget the other.

Johson Controls-- Optima, DieHard, Motorcraft, Interstate, etc...(couple of the auto Parts stores etc....)

So basically just choosing the type of battery most imprtant. If to be used inside the vehicle an AGM sealed battery is best. Then for stereos, deep cycle is best. So an Optima Yellow top is a great chhoice. Just compare on the basics. Don't worry over a couple cold cranking amps or almost identical reserve capcity. Yeah more is better but a 3 day wait for 10 CCA and 5 reseve is worthless in most cases unless you are using an already tooooooo small battery for your needs.

Quick Reply: Best battery?