2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Eibach Drop Springs.......WHOOPS, THEY DONT FIT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:18 PM
antirice03sxt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Drop Springs.......WHOOPS, THEY DONT FIT!

so, today i finally had time to put my car up on the lift and get my eibach springs put on. theyve been sittin in my garage for 3 weeks and i was excited to get em on today. so, i tear down my front struts and get em all put on and back together with nor problem whatsoever.

so, i move to the back. tear down the back driver side strut and go to put the spring on.....but, wait......whats this? it doesnt fit?

on the back strut there is a seat for the spring, just like the front. well, my back springs arent wide enough to fir in this seat on top of the bushing. if you put it on like this, the spring will move and slip around causing damage to my car. sweet.

so, i call discount tire direct, who i bought my kit from when i bought my wheels. i told them what happened, and this is their honest to god response......."well, thats the right kit for the car, but it might not fit..."

um, what?

you sold me something that might not fit? why didnt you tell me this before i spent 200 bucks on it. sweet.

so, i threw a royal fit, and now i need to send the springs back to see if they can be replaced or what. i just cant believe what happened. i think its ridiculous.

so, needless to say, i had to tear the front end apart again, use the spring compressor.....all that crap.......just to get it back to where it was before i started this ordeal....

anyone else have this trouble? im not sure if its like this on all of the neons, but mines a 2003 sxt.

im not too happy with it.....

Old 04-24-2006, 09:27 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: Eibach Drop Springs.......WHOOPS, THEY DONT FIT!

I've never heard of a problem like that before...maybe they sent you the wrong year springs? But hey, i had the pro's put mine on so i wouldnt have to dick around with this kind of thing! lol.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:06 AM
antirice03sxt

thats what im hopin they did. theyre payin for the shipping when i return them tomorrow when UPS gets here. they told me theyll check to see if theyre the wrong ones or not. if they arent theyre gonna get me ones that fit.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM
casper
Legend

I never heard of that before, are you sure you installed them right?

Old 04-29-2006, 12:13 AM
sauceboy
Professional

is it the pro kit or the sport? i just installed my pros yesterday and didn't have any problems what so ever. you should check the part number printed on the springs. the fronts should be 2820.001, and the rears should be 2820.102. and make sure your putting them on with the eibach label upright. aside from that, the only other thing i can think of is maybe if your strut is aftermarket.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:45 AM
antirice03sxt

well, when i had them put on the guy that put em on knew what he was doing. plus, i watched him do it.

the rear struts did seem pretty effin wide in the back. the weird thing about my rear springs was that both ends were the same diameter.

every other set of springs ive seen, one end is smaller than the other.

i forget which ones i got. it was the 1.8' drop, whichever that is.

btw - anywhere else you may know of where i can get springs for it? im hesitant to deal with this company again.

Quick Reply: Eibach Drop Springs.......WHOOPS, THEY DONT FIT!