pulleys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:10 PM
NonToxic
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulleys?

how hard is it to install pulleys?
do you hink i would be able to do it myself?

Old 05-02-2006, 09:56 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: pulleys?

Well first you jack up th car, remove the passenger side wheel...remove the splash guard, take off the old belts. Wrestle with the bolt and finally get it to come off...run to Autozone and rent a pulley puller for a $40 deposit, put the puller on and remove the pulley. Put the new pulley in the oven and some ice on the crank so it will slide on perfectly. Make usre you have the correct belts for the new size pulley and reverse the previous steps. The hole thing should take you maybe 2 hours tops if you know what your doing.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Topher

Its pretty easy to do if you have the right tools. At work, when we test power steering pumps, we use a 4-ton cylinder with a "do-hicky" attached on the other end of the line. It threads into the shaft and pushes pullies on very easily. If you dont have the right tools, its very difficult.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:59 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

If i hadnt had the pulley puller i would have never gotten the stock one off since its on there very tight...other than the puller i didnt need anything else. (besides the regular wrenches and tools...an oven, and some ice)

Quick Reply: pulleys?