2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Clutch problem...please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:56 PM
neonmanbp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problem...please help!!!

I have a 2003 Neon SXT that has about 50K miles on it. I noticed a little while back that the clutch pedal was going to the floor so I decided to check the fluid level. To my surprise, the hose that leads to the clutch fluid reservoir was not connected due to the nipple breaking off the reservoir. The nipple was still in the hose and it couldn't be repaired. To make a long story short, I was able to fix the reservoir and filled it back up with fuild. It doesn't leak and everything is fine. I also had to have the clutch replaced, which really sucked. The shop that replaced my clutch said that their wasn't any way to bleed the line because it was a "self-contained" system. He said that it would cost another $300 or so to have the master cylinder and everything else replaced. The clutch still feels spongy, and not like it did before this problem. I still almost need to push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor to disengage the clutch. I'm sure there is still air in the line and I want to get it out. Does anyone know how to bleed the line???? All the info I can get would be a great help. Thanks.

Brian

Old 05-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Topher
Default RE: Clutch problem...please help!!!

Any chance of posting a pic of how the thing is connected. Iv never seen the clutch line of a manual in a neon before.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:12 AM
neonmanbp
Default RE: Clutch problem...please help!!!

I may be able to post a pic tomorrow. I'll have to find my camera.

Quick Reply: Clutch problem...please help!!!