2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

YARRRR!!! CURSE YOU FED EX!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: YARRRR!!! CURSE YOU FED EX!!

I don't think that was the issue...

Old 05-08-2006, 11:09 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YARRRR!!! CURSE YOU FED EX!!

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

Well from the picture it looks like Howell could have dropped it. Its not like FedEx wrapped the item for Howell, so unless FedEx ran it over with a truck, replaced boxes and reprinted shipping tags i dont see how FedEx bent a metal part in a cushioned box...that still sucks the big one though, you should give Howell a ring.
For starters, I used to work at Fed Ex, both in unloading and loading trucks. We used to climb on packages and walk on packages if need be to reach the upper row of packages. They load those trucks as tightly as they can. When I loaded trucks in the pre-load area, we'd get boxes that were busted open and retaped...and hadnt even travelled more then 2 stops.

My good friend sent me a really nice Notre Dame coffee cup wrapped in 2 layers of bubble wrap thru the US Postal Service. It was marked GLASS on all 4 sides and guess what? It was broken in 3 places.

The point I am trying to make is simply that wrapping in a couple layers of bubble wrap isnt always going to insure its protected. I recently ordered a box set of DVDs from an Anime online store. The box set was about the size of 3 VHS tapes side by side, it came in a box that was a foot long, foot tall, foot wide, packed full of styrofoam peanuts. Talk about overkill. However, small items should ALWAYS be packed in bigger packaging as they are more likely to be damaged in shipping.

Quick Reply: YARRRR!!! CURSE YOU FED EX!!