2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Rough Idle and Engine Light...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 08:43 AM
PAGODA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Idle and Engine Light...

Hello everyone,
did you all have a good weekend? i have a 2001 Neon LX. it has 91,000km's on it now. i had a Fuel Injector Cleaning from Mr Lube last October and back then
i had a Rougfh Idle and the Engine Light came back on. this fixed the problem but the Rough Idle came back along with the Engine Light. just last week
i went to my local Mr Lube and had that Fuel Injector Service done. it seemed to fix the problem but yesterday i had the Engine Light come back on and a
Rough Idles again. oh... the Rough Idle is only when i have come to a complete Stop at Stop Sighn and or Traffic Light.
when the Engine light comes on i usually just Reset the Computer by un hooking the Car Battery for 30seconds.
does anyone have any input to why i would have this? is it safe to get another Fuel Injector Service done eventhough i just went last week?
THANK YOU and have a nice day !!
DAN

Old 05-10-2006, 02:20 AM
ewetho
All Star
Default RE: Rough Idle and Engine Light...

You are probably not that dirty from just a week. Must assume you have another problem that should be looked for. Possible fuel pump or filter issue.

What codes are you getting. When did you last change plugs etc....

Old 05-11-2006, 08:24 AM
kayakman
Veteran

Also look for oil in the intake manifold. Remove the flex hose between the air box and manifold and push a clean lint free rag into the manifold. When you remove it, see if there is any oil on it.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:47 PM
tooslow
Veteran

what code are you throwing exactly turn ignition on/of/on/of/on check the odometer

Quick Reply: Rough Idle and Engine Light...