2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

P0456 Code

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 04:57 PM
tmp0404
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0456 Code

Greetings,

So the other day, the yellow/orange light comes on my 02 SXT. Of course using the information in these forums, I do my research, and find out how to figure out what this means. Doing the on-off thing with the key in the ignition, I find out that the code on the odometer is P0456, and via the forums, it was suggested that I check the gas cap. I also disconnected the negative terminal on the battery, and left it off for about five minutes, as it was suggested that this might clear the code.

I connected the negative battery cable, and the light still remained on, and by doing the on-off thing with the key in the ignition, the code was still there.

So, I took the car to a Strauss auto, they hooked it up to their computer, gave me a bit more information about the P0456 code. They ran smoke through the hoses, found no leaks, they said the hoses lost no pressure, and they checked the gas cap. They reset the code, told me they found no problems, but if the light comes on again, I could return for another check. All of this and $89.00 later, I was on my way with no light on.

Just thought I would share this information, and was wondering if any of you experts might have some comments about this matter. I talked to a mechanic (not at Strauss), and he said that depending upon the mileage on the car, I should mention that mine just rolled to 68,000, the car's computer might have the light come on, perhaps as a preventative maintenance thing, or just keep the dealer's in business.

Again, any comments are appreciated.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:42 PM
tooslow
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P0456 Code

ok did they check all the vac lines that go back there too

Quick Reply: P0456 Code