2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Need Help W/ my 04 RT

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 03:12 AM
Low04RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help W/ my 04 RT

Hey, Im new to the site (like it already) I Bought a 04 2.0 Magnum RT fun car !!! Its been lowerd (sits about 3" off the ground w/out a body kit! 17s lowpro tires Duel Exhaust, AEM Cold Air Intake and Computer mods (i really dont know what was done to it). ok here is the question, How can i make it faster? I roust my friends 12.xx Sec. Mustang off the line but in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear he runs away . Ive been thinking Turbo or Supercharger but i havent found anyone that makes a bolt on setup. can Anyone Help me w/ this problem ?

Thanks for the help!

Jacob

Old 05-10-2006, 12:26 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help W/ my 04 RT

ORIGINAL: Low04RT

Hey, Im new to the site (like it already) I Bought a 04 2.0 Magnum RT fun car !!! Its been lowerd (sits about 3" off the ground w/out a body kit! 17s lowpro tires Duel Exhaust, AEM Cold Air Intake and Computer mods (i really dont know what was done to it). ok here is the question, How can i make it faster? I roust my friends 12.xx Sec. Mustang off the line but in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear he runs away . Ive been thinking Turbo or Supercharger but i havent found anyone that makes a bolt on setup. can Anyone Help me w/ this problem ?

Thanks for the help!

Jacob

Well there is no computer mods for our cars that do anything at the moment, or anytime soon...but the tested and proven method of making Neon's fast are through turbo and/or nitrous. You can buy an SRT-4 turbo setup for roughly $2k or an engine swap for $3k-$5k...Chill Factor and Hahns Racecraft also makes turbo kits for ther Neons, but it will require some modifications when its put on a 2.0 Magnum engine. You can expect to run up to 10psi of boost safely which will yield 200-220whp and close to the same torque.