2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

synthetic oil?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 03:38 PM
thedoors1973
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default synthetic oil?

I have a 05 neon with about 17000 miles on it now. Is it best to run synthetic oil? and if it is, is it ok to just switch to synthetic when i change my oil? Thanks Joe

Old 06-09-2006, 03:50 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: synthetic oil?

ORIGINAL: thedoors1973

I have a 05 neon with about 17000 miles on it now. Is it best to run synthetic oil? and if it is, is it ok to just switch to synthetic when i change my oil? Thanks Joe
Synthetic oil is sooo much better for your car. It's better at lubricating the internals and alot of the newer synthetics are higher temp oils....thus helping to prevent sludge and keep your motor well insulated against most heat damage. I typically switch to synthetic at my very first oil change on every car I've had.....pretty much since I was 18....and I'm now 26. I'd recommend either Mobil1 or Valvoline....both are good quality, both are backed by solid companies, and I've used both. It's never too early to switch, although some older mileage cars really cant use it.

You'd be fine switching to a synthetic at your next oil change. Simply be aware that once you go synthetic, you can never go back to normal oil in that car.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:21 PM
kookie_guy

My gf just bought a 2004 sx 2.0, first thing I did was took it home, drained all the fluids and dumped all synthetics into it. If you are looking for a great synthetic oil with proven test results to be better than mobil 1 and all the others, go for Amsoil.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:51 PM
ewetho
All Star

Amsoil is OK more of a fan of Redline myself. Did more from what I saw. But any synthetic will do unless you want to go for 25,000 mile oil changes or something.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 AM
kookie_guy

ORIGINAL: ewetho

Amsoil is OK more of a fan of Redline myself. Did more from what I saw. But any synthetic will do unless you want to go for 25,000 mile oil changes or something.

I'm a dealer for Amsoil, so I've been through all the testing. But I pretty much tell people the same thing you just mentioned. I'm not going to preach that Amsoil is the best in the world, because I'll be starting a huge war. I always just tell them that if not Amsoil, then just run synthetic because it's much better.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:35 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I run the R/T on Mobile 1 Synthetic Extended Performance (15,000 change) since i was driving roughly 150 miles every day and i ws getting tired of having to change my oil every 4 weeks...now that i'm driving what any normal person would drive daily i'm going back to the regualr Mobile 1 Synthetic 5w-30. I would highly suggest running full synthetic in your car, regardless of brand, as long as it was full synthetic, not one of the blended oils.

Quick Reply: synthetic oil?