2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

program a new keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 02:17 AM
luckiec7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default program a new keyless entry

I bought my 2000 Neon used and I'm pretty sure it has the keyless entry option, but it didn't I don't have the remotes. My brother works at a dealership and gave me a generic one, but I can't get it to program. I did what it said in the manual and it didn't work. Does it have to be a Dodge Neon remote to program or can I use the one he gave me? And if I can use this one is there a special way I have to program it? Thanks!

Old 04-10-2007, 03:07 AM
dragondude09
Default RE: program a new keyless entry

it needs to be a remote that has the correct MODEL/FCC ID and F/N numbers

Old 04-10-2007, 03:15 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: luckiec7

I bought my 2000 Neon used and I'm pretty sure it has the keyless entry option, but it didn't I don't have the remotes. My brother works at a dealership and gave me a generic one, but I can't get it to program. I did what it said in the manual and it didn't work. Does it have to be a Dodge Neon remote to program or can I use the one he gave me? And if I can use this one is there a special way I have to program it? Thanks!
So your Neon came with keyless entry, but you dont have the orignal remotes. And your brother at a dealership gave you a blank keyless entry key fob correct?

The only way for you to program a new transmitter is to already have one transmitter programmed on the system, otherwise, you need to take it to a dealer and have them program the first with a DRBIII.

Lol I just noticed the original post date... Oh well, someone should find this useful at some point...

Old 04-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Andpto
All Star

well i found it useful cause i have the same problem it has keyless entry but i dont have the remotes. Can Ibuy one of those remotes from ebay that are from dodge and get it programed at the dealership. How much would it cost me?

Old 04-11-2007, 01:08 AM
snare_samn
Professional

Can you still program this work if the car didn't originally come with the keyless entry option?

Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: snare_samn

Can you still program this work if the car didn't originally come with the keyless entry option?
You would have to get the first key programmed by a dealer using a DRBIII, but then you could add two additional remotes with this method.

Quick Reply: program a new keyless entry